geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [discuss] Eclipse as a Geronimo sub-project
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 12:38:36 GMT
Keep in mind that the tooling contribution was originially part of the
Eclipse WTP code base and an Eclipse community had already started to
build around it.  Due to the migration over to Apache, that code in the
Eclipse WTP stream is old, and new features and fixes have essentially
stopped. So there is some urgency around this that we start moving the
interested eclipse community over to Geronimo as quickly as possible and
claim that Apache is fully behind providing WTP based tooling for
Geronimo. I've gotton many requests already where people should start
downloading builds and open defects and with no where to really point
them.  We are already in M5, so how long do we want to wait? I'll start
looking into the build process, but we atleast need to post downloadable
images on the Apache site even if this is decided to stay in the sandbox
for now.  Is that resonable?

Sachin.