geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Neal Sanche <n...@nsdev.org>
Subject Re: JavaMail
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 04:54:10 GMT
Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> Neal Sanche wrote:
>

>> Well, I've looked through the source and found the
>> org.apache.geronimo.mail module. It seems to contain a few GBeans and
>> some tests. The tests are mostly empty. How would I create an SMTP
>> transport session from my code?
>>

> Chatting with Geir earlier today it appears our SMTP provider is not
> being included in the distribution. For now I would suggest modifying
> the j2ee-server-plan.xml to include Sun's distribution of JavaMail as
> a dependency *before* the geronimo-spec-j2ee-1.0-M4.jar dependency.
>
> --
> Jeremy

Yes, I had figured that there was something missing when my deployment
did the following:

22:30:40,484 ERROR [Deployer] Deployment failed due to
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException: Could not load
class or
g.apache.geronimo.mail.SMTPTransportGBean
        at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GBeanInfo.getGBeanInfo(GBeanInfo.java:56)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.service.ServiceConfigBuilder.addGBeanD
ata(ServiceConfigBuilder.java:269)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.service.ServiceConfigBuilder.addGBeans
(ServiceConfigBuilder.java:264)
        at
org.openejb.deployment.OpenEJBModuleBuilder.addGBeans(OpenEJBModuleBu
ilder.java:372)

Okay, so I've added mail.jar and activation.jar to a sun/jars/ directory
in my geronimo repository and have also edited the j2ee-server-plan.xml
that I found in the docs/plans directory to add the following lines:

    <dependency>
      <uri>sun/jars/activation.jar</uri>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <uri>sun/jars/mail.jar</uri>
    </dependency>

But, again I have a feeling that this is not sufficient. I still get the
same error. Should I be editing the j2ee-server-plan.xml in my 'source
code' directory and recompiling the server to make this change?

-Neal