geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JavaMail
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 04:32:22 GMT
Neal Sanche wrote:
<snip/>

> Which is all good. Now, which deployment plan do I add the resource ref
> to?

You added it to ejb-jar.xml which as you say is good. That is the
standardized part of the configuration

> I loked for gbean in the schemas and found that it can live in the
> geronimo-application.xml under my module definitions. Is that the
> correct place to put it in order to use it from within a SLSB?

The entry in the ejb-jar.xml is declaring that the SLSB is using a mail
resource. The <gbean> entry is defining what the resource is and is
allowing you to set its properties; this is vendor specific.

If you are using an EAR to contain the ejb-jar the application
deployment plan is the place to add it; if you have a naked ejb-jar then
you should add the GBean definition at the bottom of the ejb deployment
plan (openejb-jar.xml IIRC). Note these do not need to be included in
the module archive, the deployer can take a generic module with just
standard definitions and an external deployment plan.

You can also package up the GBean definition separately using a
<configuration> plan and deploy that completely separately (perhaps to
share between multiple applications).

--
Jeremy