geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Network Properties & Naming
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 02:07:00 GMT
Jeff Genender wrote:

> I am simply asking that we use a term that is not as ambiguous.  In Tomcat
> land, they use the word "address" on the Connectors.  Host is referenced
> throughout the plans and refers to a Host Tomcat object and a Host GBean.

Sounds to me that Tomcat users have one set of terms, Jetty users
another, and who knows what other people use.

Rather that trying to pick one name for all which pleases none, we
should let each container configuration use terms familiar to its users.
That way people who want Tomcat see things Tomcat-esque and people who
want Jetty see Jetty-esque names.

This should apply to all naming: the container configuration, the
connectors/listeners, the deployment plans, the console, ...

--
Jeremy