geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tooling patches
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 01:05:40 GMT
So I've held off on working on "how to build" after checking out the
source until all the project home related stuff gets worked out.
Building these plugins with maven will take some work.   As I mentioned
before trying to build purely with maven isn't a good approach as there
are alot of issues to do that.  I feel the best best approach is two
simply use the Eclipse integrated PDE builder and then provide maven
plugins to invoke those pde generated ant scripts.

In the meantime, the only way to build the source is within the Eclipse
IDE.  The prereqs and procedure to build are the following.

(1) Download and install Eclipse
(2) Download and install WTP the other prereq eclipse projects that are
required for WTP (and this is mentioned on the WTP project site)
EMF-SDO, GEF, and JEM are needed.
(3) Launch eclipse, and launch the "Import Existing Projects into
workspace" wizard.
(4) point to the sandbox/eclipse-plugin directory and select all of the
projects that are displayed.
(5) Now you will have build errors at this point.  This is because the
org.apache.geronimo.runtime.v1 project needs to contain a copy the lib/
directory from a geronimo installation.  It was not necessary to check
in a copy of the jars in as eventually this plugin can be dynamically
packaged togather during a Maven build.
(6) After dropping in the lib folder into the runtime project, all the
projects should build successfully.

I'll write up a set of detailed instructions on the Wiki on this as well
as how to launch and run for those unfamiler with Eclipse.

Sachin.