geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject tooling patches
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 00:18:18 GMT
Would one of the committers mind checking in the patches for 884,885,
and 888?  I'm making changes on source files that already have existing
pending patches in these jiras and don't want to introduce new patches
until their checked to avoid conflicts when merging.  For my knowledge,
how is this handled? Are cumulative patches easily handled?  i.e What
happens if i have Patch-A based on revision 1 on File-A.  Then I
introduce Patch-B on File-A also based on revision 1 (but includes
changes that went into Patch A).  Since both of the patches are based on
the same revision # I would assume that only one of the patches can be
applied without errors or conflicts.  What happens when the second patch
is applied since the patch is no longer based on the revision specified
in the patch file? If the second patch cannot be applied, how is one
expected to know which patch to throw out?

Thanks.

Sachin.