geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Colasurdo <davec...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: JavaMail service providers
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 19:24:09 GMT
Is the Javamail provider implementation an optional portion of the J2EE
  specification? J2EE 1.4 states

"The JavaMail API specification does not require any specific protocol
providers, but the JavaMail reference implementation includes an
IMAP message store provider and an SMTP message transport provider."

Nonetheless, is it still useful to have default providers available in
geronimo?  Seems like both applications and the new javamail portlet
could take advantage of them..