geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What do you want to get into M5?
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2005 22:31:21 GMT
Jeff Genender wrote:
> The scenario more-or-less is for Tomcat...the ability to add new hosts
> (Host Gbeans), new Realms (TomcatJAASRealm or TomcatGeronimoRealm), add
> new Connectors (Connector GBeans), etc.
>
> Basically configure the web server without the source...which is very
> common for every application server.

Agreed - the idea was to have a simple plan that could be used to build
a bundle with an additional connector in it. That way rather than
rebuild the server the user could just add in another connector with
something like:

$ deployer.jar deploy myhost_plan.xml

Of course, if they wanted to redeploy the server, they could.

> I am assuming then, that we will be having the binary come with the
> plans so we can configure/edit the plans and redeploy, yes?  I know we
> all talked about this...so I just wanted to confirm that this is or is
> not correct.
>
> If it is correct...has anyone taken on the task of editing the assembly
> maven module to package the final plans (I say final because of post
> merge - they are in target/plan) in the binary?  If not, I may be able
> to grab this one...how about $GERONIMO_HOME/plans?

For Gluecode we put them in $GERONIMO_HOME/doc/plan - might be nice to
have them in the same place.

--
Jeremy