geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <>
Subject Re: Getting reference of Jetty server in Geronimo
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 14:53:26 GMT
First...I would be careful about pigeon holing your code into Jetty
only...your GBean will not work with Tomcat.  I would look for a more
generic way of handling this.  I believe we have an interface called
WebContainer that may be more appropriate.  We can add on to it if you
need more generic access to the underpinnings of a container/server.
Both the Jetty and Tomcat servers in Geronimo implement this interface.

But to answer your question...your GBean constructor needs to take a
JettyContainer parameter.  For an example of how this is done, look at
the JettyWebAppContext code.  It will show you exactly what you need to do.

Krish (sent by wrote:
> Hi
> thanks for the info.
> I add the reference in myGBean plan.
> What should i do in GBean code to get the Jetty server object now?
> Regards
> Krishnakumar B
> Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Dev
> <>