geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@savoirtech.com>
Subject Re: Console dies in Tomcat
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 14:44:07 GMT

Aaron Mulder wrote:
> 	I like option 3 (create new TomcatJAASRealm if there's not one
> running already).

Thats very doable.  The TomcatJAASRealm, BTW, is just an adapter to
JAAS, its not really creating a security problem.

The only issues here are...is it safe to assume that its JAAS it will be
using as opposed to another type of security?  If so, then this is an
easy implementation.

DJ and Alan, I would definately like to get your input on this as
well...since its a security thing.

Jeff