geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jer...@boynes.com>
Subject Re: Portlet Best Practices [for web console]
Date Sat, 06 Aug 2005 22:17:02 GMT
Aaron Mulder wrote:

<snip/>

> 	I guess I think it would be nice if there were some portletized
> web frameworks we can use -- like Struts for Portlets, or whatever.
> (FWIW, it seems like several portal servers provide their own struts for
> portlet adapters, but I don't see a standard one.)

<snip/>

> 	Any thoughts?

On the framework side, there are a couple but the separation between
action and render gives problems for some e.g. the Struts portlet
framework originally double dispatched to the actions (not sure if that
has been fixed yet).

The other thing that seems ironic is that most of the portlets are
probably going to be very small implementations and there is a good
chance that the footprint of the framework will be far larger than that
of the portlet itself.

--
Jeremy