geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Web Console - JVM portlet
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 12:58:11 GMT
Do we need this type of detail about the JVM in an administrative
portlet (see the JVM portlet under Server)?   This seems to be a bit
over the top.  IMO this is especially true when listing the details on
the OS, Sun (will this even work if we're not using the sun?) User, and
Etc sections.

I think this is all really useful data for us and possibly even for
people building a server from the components of Geronimo.  However, for
the average user that is just going to pick up Geronimo, do some minor
configuration, and deploy applications this seems a bit overwhelming.
Also, it has been my experience that more extraneous information is not
always a "good thing to have which can easily be ignored".  Some users
look at this and decide that the server is too complicated for their
needs.   Perhaps it would be better to reference this information during
initialization and save it off to a file for reference when debugging a
problem.

Thoughts?

--
Joe Bohn

joe.bohn@earthlink.net
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."   -- Jim Elliot