geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@savoirtech.com>
Subject Re: Security Role Mapping & Authentication
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 06:07:58 GMT
Ok..even though I still stand by what I said below (and want to get some
feedback on this), I figured, it surely wouldn't hurt to allow the
<security-realm-name> be an override for the appName of the Tomcat
JAASRealm.  If its not specified, it will default to the standard
methodology of how Tomcat looks for a realm (by name of the path/context
or Host or Engine depending upon where the Realm was declared).  One
caveat...if you want the Realm to use the context's
<security-realm-name>, you must have a RealmGBean applied at the context
level in the geronimo-web.xml.  If you do not...you will get the
following log:

WARN: security-realm-name was specified but no RealmGBean was configured
for this context.  Ignoring security-realm-name.

and it will thus default to the Tomcat standard realm naming conventions
(i.e. the inherited Host or Engine name at which the Realm was supplied
- Engine by default).

So...its coded, unit tested, and checked in.

Jeff