geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <stodd...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [policy] Availability of resources for CTS
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 17:27:14 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
 > I'd like to try to establish a quick agreement on policies for how we
 > handle materials for running the TCK that we have created for  Geronimo
 > will be available.
 >
 > Currently, there is a suite of deployment plans that we use for our  TCK
 > testing.  These materials will be useful for any community member  that
 > wishes to build a J2EE server product based on Geronimo.  I  think it's
 > in our interest to make them available to help promote the  use of
 > Geronimo as a base for J2EE server products.

Does anyone need convincing as to why this would be a "Good Thing"?

 > So, I'd like to propose the following policy for those materials :
 >
 > 1) Interested community members should contact the PMC, preferably on
 > the dev@ list, to ask for these materials.

Consider this an official request; I would like access to the Geronimo CTS deployment plans.

 > 2) The PMC has the right to refuse any request.

With my ASF hat firmly on, if the PMC decides to make the material available outside the ASF
I don't think we
can justify refusing a request unless there are external license issues that adversely affect
redistribution.

 > 3) The materials are provided under the Apache License v2.

Sounds good...

 > 4) We kindly ask that these materials are not republished.

Either we're ok with redistribution, or we're not. If not, then the license needs to be something
other than
ASL v2.

Bill