geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject RFC - Fix to the XMLBeans2/Eclipse issue
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 07:30:55 GMT
I was tinkering around with the Eclipse project build and I have come up
with a kludge solution for the xmlbeans2 type class problem.

First, there was an earlier discussion of having the xmlbeans compile
classes go to another directory...say...target/xmlbeans-classes.  Then
we could edit the POM, and add a resource...and the jar would ultimately
contain everything needed.  I like this solution the best, but
unfortunately the maven xmlbeans2 plugin will need a new property to
override the default target/classes.  Also, I think I remember someone
saying this would mess up Idea Intellij (DJ?).

However, I have come up with the following mid-term solution:

All maven.xml files that do an xmlbeans schema run, a
target/xmlbeans-classes directory will be created and the entire
target/classes/schemaorg_apache_xmlbeans structure will be copied to
this directory.  Also, each project.properties that has an xmlbeans
infrasturcture will have the xmlbeans-classes dir added to the eclipse
included classpath (which really adds it to the src in eclipse).  Then
in the top level maven.xml, in the m:eclipse, I wrote a jelly script
that after running the eclipse multiproject, it does a search and
replace on all .classpath files that has the xmlbeans-classes in src
converted to a lib - which means it just becomes an additional true
classpath in eclipse.

This makes it so when eclipse's build occurs and wipes the target dir,
it still has access to the needed type class files and xsb files.

The bottom line...it works...and it doesn't affect intellij or need to
change the xmlbeans2 maven plugin (which I would much prefer we do).
This allows a full *working* eclipse project infrastructure for Geronimo
w/o the need to hack the xmlbean project files in eclipse.

I would appreciate some feedback on this and some concensus before I
check this in.

--
Jeff Genender
http://geronimo.apache.org