geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <djen...@gluecode.com>
Subject Re: interop-server-plan.xml and izpack installer questions
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 15:17:40 GMT

On Aug 2, 2005, at 6:35 AM, sissonj@insession.com wrote:

> I noticed that the izpack installer has an "EJB/IIOP Configuration"
> panel where the user can configure things such as:
>
> * Naming port
> * EJB port
> * IP addresses the server should accept EJB Client connections from
> * IIOP port
> * ORB port
> * CosNaming port
>
> Even though I am prompted for Corba config information, the
> org/apache/geronimo/InteropServer configuration isn't started when
> Geronimo is started, which isn't intuitive.  Should we be starting the
> configurations that they configure in the installer?

The org/apache/geronimo/InteropServer relates to the code in the
geronimo interop module, which we aren't using at the moment.  The
actual CORBA support is entirely in openejb and uses the Sun orb.

> Should the Interop config be optional (have it as a pack you can
> select at the beginning) and the IIOP port, ORB port and CosNaming
> port on a separate screen?

I think it would probably be appropriate to put the openejb corba
support in a separate corba module but it is most likely to be a
separate openejb corba module.  At that time making it optional seems
reasonable.  I doubt this will happen before 1.0

> I also noticed that in the following change, the interop server was
> removed from the assembly.  Can anyone give some more background on
> this?

As noted above, we aren't using it for anything.  The generated code
(using the IDL compiler) is now in a spec module.

thanks
david jencks