geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Wong <>
Subject Re: tpc-app workload
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 15:41:40 GMT
On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:26:16 -0400
toby cabot <> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 11:27:10AM -0700, Mark Wong wrote:
> > Would there be any interest in putting together a test based on the
> > TPC-App specification?  (
> Hi Mark,
> What's involved here?  Is there a reference J2EE implementation or are
> you talking about writing one?  Sorry if this is a FAQ but it wasn't
> obvious from a quick scan of the 192-page word doc.

Hi Toby,

I'm not sure if I should say there's no reference or not.  There is some
sample code appended to the end of the spec, but I don't think it's a
complete implementation.  Yeah, it's not really a FAQ, it outlines
implementation and auditing details.  Unless someone wanted to do an
audited publication, you'd only have to worry about the former, which is
still enough in itself.  There's a recent TPC-App publication that is a
.Net implementation.  I'm told that C# is still close enough to Java
that it could be used as a reference.  I'm also talking with someone
about open sourcing part of their kit so that may cut down on some of
the writing.

View raw message