geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: tooling patches
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 01:24:17 GMT
On Aug 22, 2005, at 6:05 PM, Sachin Patel wrote:

> So I've held off on working on "how to build" after checking out
> the source until all the project home related stuff gets worked
> out.  Building these plugins with maven will take some work.   As I
> mentioned before trying to build purely with maven isn't a good
> approach as there are alot of issues to do that.

Can you explain why this isn't a good approach?

There is a mavenide project that is building eclipse plugins for
using maven in eclipse, and these plugins themselves are built using
maven. http://mevenide.codehaus.org/mevenide-ui-eclipse/features.html

Maybe we can just copy their build for this project.

-dain