geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject [discuss/poll] advertising policy
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:01:21 GMT
NOTE : The following was *NOT* motivated by Calvin's recent post.
However, I couldn't write this message without mentioning it, since
it was so recent...]

Recently, we had a post from Calvin that talked about a contest his
company is running for testing.

I didn't think there was any problem as while it was commercial in
origin, it was something that the Geronimo community might be
interested in.  However I did hear questions about the
appropriateness of this from individuals.

Now, the company I work for, IBM, has a contest that is specifically
targeted to the Geronimo community.

How do we want to handle these kinds of things, in general?

[ ] Just let people post things like that to the list
[ ] Ask that they vet these kinds of things through the Geronimo PMC
via the pmc@geronimo.apache.org list
[ ] Other :

geirm@apache.org