geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Janne Kario <ka...@mermit.fi>
Subject EJB jar deployment problem
Date Sat, 23 Jul 2005 15:01:42 GMT
I developed a simple test EJB with Eclipse Webtools RC1. WTP has the
option of creating separate EJB jar and EJB client jar projects so that
in the end the deployment looks like this (ejbClient.jar is packaged
inside the ejb.jar).

ejb.jar:
   META-INF/ejb-jar.xml
   META-ING/MANIFEST.MF
   test/TestEJB.class
   ejbClient.jar

ejbClient.jar:
   test/TestHome.class
   test/Test.class

MANIFEST.MF entry has a reference to the ejbClient.jar and ejb-jar.xml
has the ejb-client-jar -element.

However, when I try to deploy this standalone ejb.jar into Geronimo it
fails with an error message saying that it cannot find test.TestHome.

Is this kind of packaging supported by Geronimo/J2EE 1.4 or should I
redirect this to WTP dev and point out that they have it wrong.

* Janne Kario