geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Removal of SNAPSHOTs from builds
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:27:04 GMT
It strikes me that a lot of the dependencies here shouldn't even be
there.  At least, I have no idea which component pulls them in.  It
would be great to see which ones can be removed entirely, although I
don't have an efficient reproducible procedure in mind.

If a dependency is needed only in a module that is not needed in the
"j2ee core" I wonder if it could be in a different section of the file?

Can anyone think of a way of cross-referencing which modules use which
depenency?

I've marked the dependencies I don't personally know the use of with a
? on the line before the dependency and added a couple comments.

thanks
david jencks

?
?
?

?
> activecluster_version=1.1-SNAPSHOT
?  If this is needed, can it be the same as geronimo's jetty version?
?
> ant_version=1.6.5
> ##antlr_version=2.7.2
> antlr_version=2.7.5
> ##asm_version=1.4.3
> asm_version=1.5.3
? axion is handy but dead.  I'm afraid I think we should stop using it
> axion_version=1.0-M3-dev
> axis_version=1.3-SNAPSHOT
> ##avalon_framework_version=4.1.4
?  dain, I think you should take this stuff out of m4.  Can you explain
the risks you see?
> avalon_framework_version=4.1.5
> ##avalon_logkit_version=1.2.2
? ditto
?
> castor_version=0.9.7
> ##commons_beanutils_version=1.6.1
? to all the commons packages...
> commons_beanutils_version=1.7.0
> commons_cli_version=1.0
> commons_collections_version=3.1
???
?
?
?
> emberio_version=0.3-alpha
??
?
?
?
?
?
?
> jxta_version=2.0
> log4j_version=1.2.8
> maven_itest_plugin_version=1.0
> maven_version=1.0
should probably be maven_version=1.0.2, version 1.0 doesn't work any
more for us
?
?
?
?
> p2psockets_version=1.1.2
> regexp_version=1.3
> scout_version=1.0-SNAPSHOT
> ##spring_version=1.1.3
> spring_version=1.2.2
> stax_version=1.1.1-dev
> stax_api_version=1.0
> tomcat_jk2_version=5.0.18
> tomcat_version=5.5.9
> velocity_version=1.4
> ##wsdl4j_version=PATCH-1193602
> wsdl4j_version=1.5.1
> xerces_version=2.6.2
> ##xfire_version=20050202
> ##xfire_version=1.0-SNAPSHOT - compile errors occurred
> xfire_version=20050202
> xml_apis_version=1.0.b2
> xml_resolver_version=1.1
> xml_parser_apis_version=2.2.1
> xmlbeans_version=1.0-DEV
this xmlbeans version is actually a snapshot.  We should try 1.0.4, or
just move to 2.0 (see other email)