geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: ToDos for M4
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 02:02:55 GMT

On Jul 10, 2005, at 4:42 AM, mos wrote:

> Just some thoughts:
>
> Shouldn't well known and essential bugs be fixed before doing the
> branch?
> This could prevent duplicated work.
> For example: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-715

I think that we should update the M4 roadmap to reflect what we really
think is needed before we kick this out the door, i.e. branch.  There
are things in there that I'm not sure that we'll complete in the
timeframe that we want for M4.

There are also things like 715 that people want to go out for M4.

> Bye the way:
> Would the subprojects like OpenEJB be part of the branch of M4?
> I assume this because this modules are an essential part of geronimo
> and have to be closely synchronized with the rest.

OpenEJB is not a sub-project of Geronimo. However, we should use a
specific version of OpenEJB in our M4 branch.  What I think that what
could be done is that we could build a snapshot of OpenEJB and label
the version w/ a timestamp.  We would then upload the jar into a maven
repo, preferably ibiblio.

Regards,
Alan