geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Thinking beyond 1.0 (e.g 1.1, 1.2) (was: Managing tasks for future releases)
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 01:51:12 GMT
Thanks for pushing on this issue.

I think it is really important that we put out a 1.0 release very soon.
  I think it needs to work, and be tck compliant, but I don't think it
has to be all that much more usable than what we have now.  I'd rather
get feedback and users than perfection.

The features I think we need for 1.0 are:

clean up some architectural problems.  I think I'll get the ones I know
about fixed by the end of this week.
clean up the plan xml.  I think this is a fairly quick job.
Decide what we will continue to support from our 1.0 release.  IMO this
is only the plan xml schemas and possibly some interfaces exposed by
some gbeans, primarily gbeans "exposed" by jsr-77
get the web console in, preferably with instructions on how to change
the static page in which the portlets appear.

I'd like to get 1.0 out by Sept 15th.

Can everyone think carefully about what they really need to be in 1.0,
what they will commit to actually implementing themselves, and when
they think it can be done by?

thanks
david jencks