geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject GBeans: Saving Changes
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 02:43:16 GMT
	So the console can write to persistent attributes of GBeans -- and
I think they're taking effect (you can log out and log back in and see the
changed value, at any rate).  However, if you restart the server, the
values reset to their initially generated values.

	I thought we had a mechanism in place to store the state of a
GBean after a change at runtime -- which I assume would include storing
new values for persistent attributes as well as storing the data for new
GBeans added to a Configuration at runtime (for example, if you add a new
network connector to the web container).

	I'm not sure whether this was never implemented, was implemented
but is not working, is working but something needs to be called manually
to execute the save, or is totally working and I'm misinterpreting what
I'm seeing in the console.

	Any thoughts?

Thanks,
	Aaron