geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Proper use of Jira for defects that occur in multiple branches/releases (was Re: Outstanding tasks for M4)
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 19:19:56 GMT
	Talk about battle of the exaggerations!  :)

	Generally speaking, I prefer not to have multiple issues: if you
put attachments and comments and stuff on one, or even edit it to change
the description entirely, any "matching" issues are unafected.  The "link"
is pretty minor in the UI.  This could result in two issues that are
supposed to be the same inadvertently leading to totally different changes
in two branches or whatever.

	That said, if branches are divergent enough that the same solution
does not work even if the problem is the same, I suppose I would be in
favor of separate issues.  I suspect this would be true of 1.3 vs 5.6.

Aaron