geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Web Console Status
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:43:05 GMT
On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> It compiles.  It just doesn't do it automatically, right?  People
> have to go fetch two jars.  I think that the sooner we get it in, the
> sooner people can start contributing to it.

	We have to either break it to not use the Geronimo version code
for fileupload, or change the Geronimo version code to 1.1-dev which means
that Geronimo builds will be broken without manually downloading JARs.  I
don't find either of these particularly attractive.  How hard is it for
the fileupload guys to copy their JAR to
/www/cvs.apache.org/repository/commons-fileupload/jars?  This should take
30 seconds.  The Pluto guy was super-responsive, but unfortunately only
put 1 of 2 JARs out there.  I really hope both projects will be taken care
of today, which means no manual copying of anything for anyone.

> You could just take it out of the standard maven build, and give
> instructions on how to get it going.

	Sandbox is not included by the standard build, but it does use the
standard build version codes when it runs.

Aaron