geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Web Console Status
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:12:51 GMT
On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> On Jul 19, 2005, at 10:10 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:
>
> >     I have the web console working as four separate modules under
> > geronimo/sandbox.
>
> 1) Can we get into SVN?  As a procedural note, I'm working to get the
> CCLA from IBM for this.

	As I said, I don't want to put it into SVN until the dependencies
are resolved.  I don't think it helps our case to have a non-compiling
management console.  :)

> 2) Why 4 modules?  I would have thought of this as one module that
> produces a WAR and we're done...

	First of all, there are two WARs (one for the portal and one for
the portlets).  I argued those should be made into one, but I didn't get
much support.  I'd like to reduce the whole thing to one WAR, but I don't
feel that strongly so long as both WARs are secured.  If you support
combining into one WAR, please speak up.  :)

	As long as we have two WARs, I think the EAR makes sense, so you
can deploy/undeploy the console with one command.

	The fourth module (common code) should be able to be rolled into
one of the other Geronimo modules, but until it leaves the sandbox, I
think it needs to stay separate.

Aaron