geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Web Console (IBM Donation)
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2005 21:48:06 GMT
	Maybe the real answer to #1 is to actually integrate Pluto into
Geronimo -- you know, so if you deploy a web app with portlet deployment
descriptors then a PortletDeployer GBean "magically" wires it up and makes
it available to Pluto, and then some other admin web site lets you arrange
your portlets on the page...  Gosh, this is sounding like a bigger effort
already.  I guess it would be a portal server module for Geronimo, as
opposed to the current "static" Pluto configuration.
	Anyway, I don't seem to be on the popular end of this one, but I
have to insist that at a bare minimum, if we don't merge the web apps, we
apply security to the console-standard web app.

	As for #2, I didn't say we need to hold up the contribution, but I
do feel we should hold up "moving it out of the sandbox" or the
equivalent.

Aaron

Elliot