geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <>
Subject Management API
Date Sun, 17 Jul 2005 00:33:32 GMT
	So after looking at the web console code and the JSR-77 spec, I
got the idea in my head that we could use a management API made up of
actual classes and interfaces, instead of object names and attribute
names.  This is not meant to replace JSR-77 as a portable interface across
servers and protocols, and not meant to replace GBeans and the Kernel as a
method to inspect and tweak every last property of any object available in
any Geronimo configuration.

	It is meant to make it easier to develop management tools (such as
the web console) against the common case of the Geronimo J2EE server.

	Anyway, since I've gotten trouble over long e-mails before, I
wrote up what I have in mind and why I think it's a good idea (compared
to the management options we have now) on the Wiki:

	Please take a look and let me know what you think.  I think this
could really jump start things like the web console, by letting those
efforts focus on the UI not on how to correctly talk to the underlying
server components.

View raw message