geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Is it a mountain? (Re: Donation of Admin Console- request for help)
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 23:50:39 GMT
	Well, I was going to start a new thread, but it seems Alan doesn't
like that, so...

	Would it be accurate to say that the options on the table for
donated code are:

1) Bring (project X) to geronimo, grant full commit status to (some number
of people) who have worked with the code before

2) Bring project X to geronimo, put in a clearly separate SVN area,
grant restricted commit status (via ACL or explicit direction) to some
number of people who have worked with the code before

3) Bring project X to the incubator, mix outside people and potentially
Geronimo people to form a new project team

	It's clear that there's a variety of opinions as to which of these
is preferable, and potentially which is most preferable for the web
console vs the ORB.

Aaron