geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Donation of Admin Console- request for help
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 18:01:49 GMT
On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> Note I wrote "I believe".  Based on conversations I've had and from
> what I have seen on this list, *I believe* that this code will
> ultimately end up in a subproject.

	I guess I'm still not clear on "subproject".  You mean like with
its own home page at "http://corba.geronimo.apache.org/" and separate JIRA
and all?  Or it uses all the same infrastructure as Geronimo but has a
separate /trunk somewhere in SVN?

> What are you talking about?  We are in a thread to discuss the
> specific donation of the IBM console, not a thread to decide a policy
> on general code donation and committers.  If you would like to
> discuss those, please start a new thread and address it directly.

	For my part, I'm just as happy to try to set a precendent and
handle the TriFork and IBM donations the same way to start with -- in a
separate SVN area in within the Geronimo SVN repo, either each with own
ACL or sharing the Geronimo ACL and contributor employees contribute via
patches.  Whether they go on to become "subprojects" or "modules" or
whatever can be decided later, right?

Aaron