geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Incomplete ClassLoader Patch Woes
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 03:10:12 GMT
	For whoever put in the patch to remove the server classloader
module -- I'm having a lot of trouble with this.  First, the assembly
module wouldn't build, because it still declared a dependency on the
missing module.  You may not have noticed this if you still have the old
artifact hanging out in your maven repository, but I do a lot of
m:rebuild-all's.

	I put in the patch for that already -- it seemed safe since the
module is actually gone.  But next after that, I'm getting the following
exception while building the assembly module:

    [echo] Building system configuration
    [java]     Error: Unable to start local kernel
    [java]
    [java] org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException: Getter
method not found Attribute Name: configurationClassLoader, Type: class
java.lang.ClassLoader, GBeanInstance:
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration
    [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanAttribute.<init>(GBeanAttribute.java:227)
    [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.<init>(GBeanInstance.java:221)
    [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.loadGBean(BasicKernel.java:196)
    [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.system.main.CommandLine.startKernel(CommandLine.java:118)
    [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.ServerConnection$KernelWrapper.start(ServerConnection.java:278)
    [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.ServerConnection.initializeKernel(ServerConnection.java:161)
    [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.ServerConnection.<init>(ServerConnection.java:152)
    [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.DeployTool.execute(DeployTool.java:111)
    [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.DeployTool.main(DeployTool.java:254)

	Please look into this.  And in the future, before you check in,
please run "maven m:rebuild-all".

Thanks,
	Aaron