geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Wait or not? Respond quick. (M4 -- 24 hour notice of branch)
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 22:19:40 GMT
	Just to explain what I had in mind...

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>   - give the deployer a custom message for the case where
> RuntimeDeployer is not deployed

	If the RuntimeDeployer configuration is not running, the deployer
does not work and does not really say why.  It would be idea for it to say
something like "Server does not appear to have a deployer service running.
If this is a typical Geronimo configuration, you need to start it with
org/apache/geronimo/RuntimeDeployer active.  For more details, see
http://..."

>   - see if we can eliminate class names from PK Generator configuration

	Each of the PK Generators takes a class name for the ID it should
create.  However, we should already know that based on the PK field for
the EJB (even when it was initially declared as java.lang.Object you have
to override it with a custom cmp-field-mapping and provide the real type)
so I think those extra arguments can be eliminated.  I haven't tested that
yet, however.  If I get a chance it would be nice to do so in this release
so they syntax is best the first time it shows up -- but if we have to
streamline it for M5 that won't break my heart.

>   - add a shutdown JAR, or management JAR with shutdown implemented

	Some way other than Ctrl-C to shut down the server.  Either a
"java -jar bin/shutdown.jar" or a "java -jar bin/management.jar shutdown"
or something along those lines.

Aaron