geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: M4 -- 24 hour notice of branch
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 04:45:30 GMT
Things I want to do for M4 (none of these need to hold up the branch):
 - see if we can eliminate class names from PK Generator configuration
 - get a release of ActiveMQ more recent than this afternoon (so our port
   list will show the ActiveMQ port)
 - fix the deployer to not echo your password
 - fix the deployer to not be totally silent
 - give the deployer a custom message for the case where RuntimeDeployer
   is not deployed
 - make sure exceptions propogate to the deploy tool well

And "would be nice but don't plan to do this myself":
 - have a sample web app set as the default so localhost:8080 doesn't 404
 - add a shutdown JAR, or management JAR with shutdown implemented
 - have startup/shutdown/deploy scripts
 - provide a bundled or linked MC4J release

Aaron

On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, David Blevins wrote:
> Alright, it's been a few days since this was proposed, going to move forward as there
didn't seem to be any objections.

>   (As a note to people who really want to get
>    features in before we release; good!  Let's
>    release again very very soon!)
>

> If you are in the middle of something, get to the end of it quick :)
>
> If you were thinking of starting something big, wait till tomorrow at this time.
>
> If you would prefer  we delay creating the branch a day or two (and have good reason
for holding up the show), speak up.