geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: New Startup Output, Mark 2
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 00:03:52 GMT
	You should try it -- it's cool.  :)

	The standard log configuration sends all DEBUG and higher output
to the log file.  If you go with "-quiet", no startup parameter, or "-v",
then you're raising the threshold for messages printed to the console, but
you still get everything in the log file.  If you go with "-vv" then you
get DEBUG and higher on the console as well as in the log file.  You can
still edit the log configuration in geronimo/var/log to override these
defaults, to enable TRACE or just highly customize the output or whatever.

	IMHO it would be nice if we could only suppress our own output to
the console, and leave application DEBUG and INFO printing.  But the only
way I know of is to raise the threshold for our packages for all appenders
(console and log file) -- I'm not aware of a way to raise the threshold
for console but leave it low for log file for a given package.  Does
anyone know how to do that?  It may still not solve the progress bar
interruption (if an app prints to the log from a startup servlet or
something), but it would sure be a nice option.

Aaron