geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Invoking the deploy tool under a security manager and startup scripts
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2005 13:02:25 GMT
	I believe a solution to the remote class loading problem is to
wrap any deployment exceptions in such a way that you don't need the
remote classes.  For example, print the stack trace of a QL exception to a
String, pop that in a field of a DeploymentException, and send the
DeploymentException without a linked QL exception.  Or better yet, forget
the stack trace (or only print it on the server) and just print the actual
error message on the client side (Can't deploy: your EJB QL is invalid:
'...'").  That seems to make a lot more sense to me than allowing remote
class loading just to print arbitrary exceptions.

Aaron