geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: New Startup Output
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 23:19:06 GMT
On Tue, 5 Jul 2005, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> You can get the server version from the ServerInfo class.

	Does that return "208435" or "1.0-SNAPSHOT"?  I'm assuming the
latter, which isn't as helpful.  The specific SVN version would really be
the most useful, wouldn't it?  Still, I can start with what we've got and
we can always tune it later.

> Also we already control initializing the default log level in the main
> class.  I believe we can implement -v -vv -vvv options by setting the
> initial default log level to error, info or debug.

	We can certainly set the initial log level, but I think the log
GBean overwrites that (based on the content of the properties file) as
soon as it is loaded.

> If that doesn't work, I believe that system properties are available to
> log4j properties files, so we could have a geronimo.log.level.default
> which we make available to be consumed by which ever log implementation
> we choose.

	I'll give that a shot.

Thanks,
	Aaron