geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Project Dependencies: TranQL & maybe someday GBean.org
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 23:08:13 GMT
	Changing the subject since we're drifting again.  This is related
to another issue that's come up off-list, but we may as well open it to a
broader discussion here.

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> TranQL is a Codehaus project so it is down to the despots, currently me.
> The barrier to entry is not high but so far I've not seen anything
> except that problematic patch.

	Okay.  Well, without getting into specifics, I'm not real
comfortable with Geronimo being heavily dependent on a Codehaus project
with precisely one, er, despot.  I feel the same about the GBean.org
kernel, which while not currently a part of Geronimo, will likely be a
candidate for it (and this of course is one of the issues around it).

	Jeremy, would you consider either substantially enlarging the
community of despots for TranQL, bringing it to Apache, or merging
it into OpenEJB?

	Dain, would you consider either substantially enlarging the
community of despots for GBean.org, bringing it to Apache, or merging it
into Geronimo (as a branch or sandbox module for the present, I presume)?

Thanks,
	Aaron