geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Preparation for M4
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 02:26:40 GMT
	I guess we should also decide whether to make Jetty or Tomcat the 
default container, and whether to provide separate builds for each.

	Also, we need to decide whether we're planning to run the entire 
TCK on the candidate configuration(s).

Aaron

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005, David Blevins wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 06:38:23PM -0700, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> > David Blevins wrote:
> > >On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 05:22:36PM -0700, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> > >
> > >>David Blevins wrote:
> > >>
> > >>>Anything I missed?
> > >>>
> > >>
> > >>SNAPSHOT elimination so the build is reproducible.
> > >
> > >
> > >Right.  Missed that one for M3 IIRC.
> > >
> > >
> > >>Branch so that M4 can stabilize whilst other changes are being made.
> > >
> > >
> > >We do for every milestone.  Don't expect this to be different.
> > >
> > >
> > >>Acceptance test process - how do we know what works (need to avoid a 
> > >>broken release like M3).
> > >
> > >
> > >That's what I meant by:
> > >
> > >  DB> We have a number of people interested in testing.  I'll ping
> > >  DB> them when I have something ready.
> > >
> > >Was thinking to branch when I dish out the binaries for testing.
> > >Rather than the "surprise, here is a binary" approach we've done in
> > >the past.  Sounds pretty much like what you are proposing as well.
> > >
> > 
> > Yes - in the past we've just tagged and moved on. This time I think we 
> > should create the branch at the start of the process rather than at the 
> > end as there seem to be a lot of pent up changes planned. Yes, we may 
> > need to merge some critical changes back to this branch but hopefully 
> > this can be kept to a minimum.
> > 
> > So basically,
> > * create a branch now, say 1.0-M4-prep
> > * do the stuff we talking about now on that branch
> > * cut the final M4 distro
> > * drop the 1.0-M4-prep branch
> > 
> > Other work can continue on the trunk without destablizing the M4 release.
> > 
> 
> +1 That's pretty much what I had in mind.
> 
> 
> -David
> 

Mime
View raw message