geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Unified Tomcat/Jetty Plans
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2005 18:18:54 GMT
On Mon, 4 Jul 2005, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> >>I wasn't flaming anyone in particular but everyone in general. Where is
> >>the co-ordination? There was an M4 proposal about a month ago - who is
> >>co-ordinating it? When will it be there, what will it contain? Why
> >>*isn't* there a feature freeze, or even a branch?
> >
> > 	So does this mean you're volunteering to be the release
> > coordinator?
>
> I have already been told I would be unwelcome in that role. It is time
> for the PMC to get its act together.

	Well, if you're not going to be the release manager, perhaps
instead of flaming everyone in general, you could find a qualified
volunteer to be the release manager?  Perhaps you could start a page on
the Wiki outlining what kind of steps could go into the release procedure?
Perhaps you could recommend a date for the next release that we can start
working toward?  Perhaps you can begin sorting through the JIRA issues and
adding them to the M4 release notes document?  I can think of all kinds of
ways for one of us to get involved if they want to help us produce a more
organized release.

Aaron