geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Startup Scripts discussion ( GERONIMO-693 )
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2005 15:12:30 GMT
	I guess one of the important questions -- and maybe this is what
you meant by a service -- is should Geronimo be launched in the background
or left running for Ctrl-C.  The Tomcat builds I've used semi-recently
seem to kick it off in the background.  I kind of prefer the foreground
during development, and background for servers.  It would be extra nice
just to support a -daemon switch or something (so the default was
foreground but it's easy to force into the background).

Aaron