geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Publishing unstable builds (i.e. unofficial releases)
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2005 14:49:05 GMT
On Mon, 4 Jul 2005, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> Can we just shift the ports via some kind of cmd line or config?
> That way we can run periodically on minotaur and drop out nightlies
> automatically...

	ROFL!!  Maybe it's time to consider making it easier to change
ports for an existing Geronimo configuration.  :)

	FWIW, the assembly module uses substitution tokens for all the
ports, but right now the values are just coded into maven.xml.  If someone
wants to pull those values out into a property file, it would be easy
enough to build for different ports by swapping property files.  I think
this may be necessary because I believe Geronimo binds to 8080 during the
processing of the assembly module.

	Still, it would be really nice to have easier editing for things
like ports for an existing server.  I guess this belongs in a different
thread.

Aaron