geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Unified Tomcat/Jetty Plans
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2005 02:25:58 GMT
On Sun, 3 Jul 2005, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> Won't this cause a problem for users, having to modify all existing
> plans to accomodate this change?

	Sure.  But we've already agreed on the need for a single web
deployment format, and I don't think it makes sense to support 3 formats
to try to ease transition.  This is one of many configuration changes that
will be necessary in moving from Milestone 3 to Milestone 4.  Hopefully we
can minimize this kind of thing moving forward into more stable releases,
but I'm not sure we're entirely there yet.

	I'll make sure the Wiki docs are up to date.

Aaron