geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Unified Tomcat/Jetty Plans
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2005 06:11:00 GMT
	I've changed Tomcat and Jetty so they use the same deployment plan
format.  The expected plan file is now WEB-INF/geronimo-web.xml, and the
namespace is the same as before without the /jetty or /tomcat on the end.

	For the couple Tomcat-specific elements, there's a new chunk that
looks like this.  You could actually put in chunks like this for more than
one container, if for some reason you wanted to support deploying into any
(and there was more than just Tomcat that took extra params).

<web-app ...>
    <container-config container="Tomcat">
        <config-param name="TomcatRealm">TomcatRealm</config-param>
        <config-param name="TomcatValveChain">FirstValve</config-param>
    </container-config>
</web-app>

	I updated the assembly and TCK plans, and ran all the tests,
itests, and TCK servlet tests, but this was a substantial change, so
please let me know if you're having problems.

	Interestingly, this should make it pretty easy to run the TCK
against Tomcat, since all the application plans will be the same and it's
only the core server configuration plans would need to be changed.

Thanks,
	Aaron