geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Build 1.0-208875 available
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2005 05:21:19 GMT
On Sat, 2 Jul 2005, David Blevins wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 02, 2005 at 11:52:24PM -0400, Aaron Mulder wrote:
> > 	Also, I need to massage this script to build the installer if
> > IzPack is available.
>
> Out of curiosity, what does it take to create that?

 * Install IzPack and get it on the path of the script.  We depend on
   features in the latest code, and I don't think there's a release of
   that yet, so you have to build from HEAD.

 * Run the geronimo/modules/assembly build.

 * cd to geronimo/modules/assembly/target/installer and run
   "compile geronimo-izpack.xml -o geronimo-installer.jar"

The last argument there is the name of the output JAR, so you can make it
whatever you want.  The most complex part of scripting that is figuring
out whether IzPack is present, which is to say, this shouldn't be hard.

Aaron