geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Website page for community members building on Geronimo or providing support and services around Geronimo
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 19:57:06 GMT
On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> Ok - so there's decent support.  Now, how about projects, products
> and organizations to list there?

	How much space does each entry get?  If nothing else, I think my
company should be listed for underwriting some of my time on Geronimo.
But if we're going to ask to be listed as a service provider as well,
would that be like our logo in the Service Provider section, or "Service
Provider" next to the company name, or do we provide a paragraph about
what we do, or just a link to a page on our web site that describes
it, or what?

	I'm all for paragraphs for now while the list is likely to be
small -- but I can also see links to a page that we need to host.  I don't
think "just a bunch of logos" will be all that helpful.  On the other
hand, with some of our bigger friends, any blurb is likely to need to go
through Legal and getting a blurb on the company's own web site may or may
not be a short-term endeavor, so I guess there may be other perspectives.
(But hey, IBM doesn't *need* much more than a logo... :)

Thanks,
	Aaron