geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Questions about CORBA
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 19:30:07 GMT
On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> I thought about it, but I like Alan's idea better to fix OpenORB issues
> instead of reinventing the wheel. I'd believe it's the fine and straight
> way to incorporate yet another open source project under Geronimo
> umbrella or grasp the CORBA concepts patching OpenORB and forking it at
> some time to create a new project. I'm leaning towards the former rather
> than the latter.

	I can't say that I fancy trying to implement an ORB from scratch.
I was just trying to put all the options on the table.  As for OpenORB, I
don't know enough about the state of that project and what would need to
be done to make any recommendation myself.  Also, I'm not aware of any
particular info on the Wiki, but again, I haven't been much involved in
CORBA so far.  Other than to curse at it, of course.  :)  It would be
great to find a winning path forward.

Aaron