geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From siss...@insession.com
Subject Re: War deployment problem in geronimo 1.0-208875
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2005 01:20:11 GMT
After a quick look.. Geronimo's Daemon class is still calling
ToolsJarHack.install().

Jasper2 (the JSP handling component) which is part of Tomcat as of version
5.5.0 bundles the eclipse JDT to allow tomcat to run on a JRE, according
to http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/jasper-howto.html

The Jetty doco also says Jasper2 is used by Jetty:
http://jetty.mortbay.org/jetty/readme.txt

So it appears that the ToolsJarHack isn't needed, but has anyone tested
both Tomcat and Jetty without tools.jar?

John