geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: M4 - QA Branch details
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 12:43:01 GMT
Jacek Laskowski <> wrote on 11/07/2005 09:46:03 PM:

> wrote:
> >  Can't we resolve the SNAPSHOTs issue by modifying the branch before
> > releasing and at least using dated jar files if we can't move to a
> > release of a dependency?
> How could we use the dated jar files? Do they have to be released by
> respective projects or can we do it ourselves?

Can someone give us a reason why we can't?  I though for a project to be
accepted as a dependency it had to have a license compatible with the ASL.
 So I wouldn't have thought licensing would be the issue.  Maybe there are
restrictions on what can be placed in Apache's maven repo?

I was wondering whether it would be possible for us to produce dated
(cvs)/versioned (svn) jars of SNAPSHOT dependencies and upload them under
the 'geronimo' maven groupId, so it is obvious they are special versions
of the JARs and they would all appear under maven/geronimo/jars in the

Are we allowed to do this and what maven repo would we be allowed to place
dated/versioned snapshots?