geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From siss...@insession.com
Subject Re: Change Geronimo to use Tomcat JK 1.2.13 instead of the unsupported JK 2 ?
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2005 07:05:11 GMT
I'm not having a problem, but have these concerns:

* we were using an old version of the JK code (files dated 15-Jan-2004)
that appears to be different to the version of the JK code that you get in
the Standalone Tomcat 5.5.9 file tomcat-ajp.jar (files dated 26-mar-2005).
 I am guessing "tomcat_jk2_version=5.0.18" is the connector code taken
from the TOMCAT_5_0_18 tag.  There have been bug fixes since then before
the TOMCAT_5_5_9 tag:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/java/org/apache/jk/server/JkCoyoteHandler.java?rev=1.63&view=log
* the name of the JAR makes it sound like we are using the unsupported JK
2.
* other people will ask these same questions later when they see us using
versions of JARs out of sync and could make support of the code more
difficult.

I propose the following:

* That a JAR called tomcat-jk-5.5.9.jar or tomcat-ajp-5.5.9 (based on the
Tomcat 5.5.9 tomcat-ajp.jar) be uploaded to Ibiblio.  I think Jacek has
been involved in Tomcat JAR uploads to maven before.
* Change the geronimo build to use this differently named and versioned
file
* change the tomcat_jk2_version property in project.properties to be
tomcat_jk_version or tomcat_ajp_version so that no one on the future
thinks we are using the unsupported JK 2.

If people agree, I'll raise a JIRA issue.

Thanks,

John